Our team is experienced in service provision to the aquaculture industry. We excel in aquaculture baseline surveys, zone assessments and impact assessments, as well as providing guidance to industry through regulatory frameworks, approvals processes, and relevant legislation. Commonly utilized techniques to inform aquaculture practices include hydrodynamic modelling, sediments and infauna characterization, depositional modelling and bathymetric mapping. We have been involved in assessments for numerous species, primarily Atlantic salmon, barramundi, oysters, mussels, abalone, urchins and macroalgae. Clients have included Tassal, Huon Aquaculture, Petuna, Get Shucked Oysters, Samec, Spring Bay Seafoods, the South Australian Research & Development Institute (SARDI), Tas Tiger Abalone, Tasmanian Shellfish Market Access Program (ShellMAP) and Institute for Marine and Antarctic Studies
Selected Past Projects
- Multiple zone assessments for Atlantic Salmon aquaculture throughout Tasmania
- Depositional modelling (DEPOMOD) for multiple Atlantic Salmon aquaculture operations
- Broadscale Environmental Monitoring Program (BEMP) for finfish aquaculture in Tasmania
- Environmental impact assessment of aquaculture on wild fisheries.
- Biosecurity risk management plans for sea-farming of abalone in Tasmania and for a Tasmanian abalone processing facility.